Friday, December 19, 2008

Listing to Port


My on-line column at Edhat.com last week listed five plants I would never use in a client's garden. It generated about a bazillion hits and lots of requests for more lists that people could use in their own gardens.

So this week, I offered my readers the first of a series of lists, leading off with Billy's Killer Combos--a veritable cornucopia of eye-popping plant combos that anyone is free to rip off. If you live in Minnesota or one of those other places that can't grow palm trees, you might want to just look through the sumptuous pictures and swear that you'll move to California sometime before we burn up or break off into the ocean.

Here's the link

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Billy -- Great blog! Could I have signed the wrong wise guy to write Sustainable Landscaping For Dummies? I'm guessing that I know your answer. But seeing as how Owen has finished writing the book, and we've paid him ...
Well, we'll see how it works out.

Kidding aside, thanks for supporting the book. Go ahead and provide the preorder link at amazon.com, if you must. No, really, go ahead.

Your newest fan,
Mike Baker
Wiley Publishing

Rosemary said...

Since I live in the great white north I can't use many of your suggestions but I certainly appreciate the colour and texture combos

Aiyana said...

You have some interesting combos. I'll have to do something on my blog some time on what combos work well and what do not. I've managed a little of both!
Have a nice holiday,
Aiyana

Unknown said...

Nice photos. My partner and I post combinations on our blog, so I linked to yours. I especially like the agave and tradescantia, though I'm pretty sure tradescantia doesn't work as well for the Bay Area.

Claude said...

Just stopping by to wish you much luck, prosperity and happiness in the coming New Year...

And BTW, I really enjoyed the articles.

Claude said...

Just stopping by to wish you much luck, prosperity and happiness in the coming New Year...

And BTW, I really enjoyed the articles...

ArtSparker said...

I don't know if you know Wade Graham's writing, but you might like this article, originally published in Oxygen

http://www.wadegrahamwriting.net/upthegarden.htm

(I'm in Northern California, and am not myself Wade Graham)